Tuesday, May 3, 2011

THREE PAINTERS THREE VISIONS
















Bob Rohm, Rusty Jones, Qiang Huang and Suzanne Owens

Last weekend was the opening for "Three Painters Three
Visions" at Riverbend Fine Art in Marble Falls. The day
started with each of the three painters producing a demo.
Bob painted a stone wall and farm scene typical of the
Texas Hill Country. I painted one of the stone bridges
found on the San Antonio Riverwalk and Qiang knocked
out a stellar still life. It was a great day to watch three
very talented fellas at their best.













Putting on a show.

The opening was well attended by collectors and artists
alike. Sales were slower than expected, but Marta Stafford,
gallery director, felt the interest level in the show will grow
and the sales will take place mostly over the next month as
more and more people find time to see the show.





















My demo.


I had a great time, especially during the demo. My parents
attended and it was the first time for them to actually
watch me do a painting start to finish. I always enjoy
being around Bob Rohm just because he's a great friend and
his talent is something I have always admired. Spending
the day with Qiang and his wife, Song, was a real treat.
Qiang is one of the state's fastest rising talents and he has
become a good friend of mine in a short period of time. I
look forward to many more opportunities to paint with him.

The show hangs for a month. Be sure to swing by and take a look.


6 comments:

Fran Ellisor said...

Hope to see it this weekend. Wish I could have made the demos.

brianleepainter said...

Congratulations on the show! It was great to view your landscape demo, and to have met you during the reception and had a chance to talk about painting. Thanks!

Randy Saffle said...

What a cool event. I wish I could have seen your demos too. Looks like the show is a winner.

Painting Tips and Tricks said...

I think that event was so much fun! Thanks for sharing these! Great demos!...Daniel

David Schulze said...

The show is beautiful - what a treat to spend time in the gallery and to hear you talk about your work and how the show all came together.

Janice said...

Great Work!