Saturday, January 15, 2011

SALON INTERNATIONAL 2011

















"End of a Winter Day" 24" x 30" oil/linen

Seems just like yesterday I was sending paintings
off to Greenhouse Gallery for the annual
Salon International. This is one of my favorite
shows even when I don't get in. Greenhouse
does such an exceptional job with this show and
every year the work keeps getting better.

"End of a Winter Day" is from one my trips into
the snow last winter. We had three incredible
blasts of snow and I had several days of plein
air painting, which I never get to do here in
Texas. I've decide to enter this painting and
one other yet to be done painting. Monday is
the entry deadline. This is when spending all
those years as a commercial illustrator pays
off when every job seemed to be pressed right
up to the last minute.

So back into the studio I go.

No comments: